Monday, November 22, 2010

Oops

I think that might be what our SS said today (or perhaps something stronger?!). 

We were concerned that the expansion joint in our slab had received no termite protection treatments.  Our building inspector at work suggested I contact the company that issued the building permit as they are required to have all the termite treatment information prior to a Certificate of Occupancy being issued.  To cut a long story short the company contracted to provide the termite protection treatments were never told that we had an expansion joint and so it hadn't been treated.  We're furious.  It's like an all-you-can-eat buffet for termites.

I'm impressed with the service we received from Plan Scan.  I was put straight through to the surveyor who issued our permit - he listened to my concerns, promised to follow up on it and then rang me back to let me know the outcome.  I only wish Metricon's customer service was half as good!

We had our final inspection last Thursday and when I have calmed down a bit more I'll post about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment